PM Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY-WDC)
Name of the scheme :
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY-WDC)
Brief description :
Government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management. To this effect Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister has accorded approval of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) in its meeting held on 1st July, 2015.
PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes viz. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR,RD&GR), Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources (DoLR) and the On Farm Water Management (OFWM) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC). PMKSY has been approved for implementation across the country with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore in five years. For 2015-16, an outlay of Rs.5300 crore has been made which includes Rs. 1800 crore for DAC; Rs. 1500 crore for DoLR; Rs. 2000 crore for MoWR(Rs. 1000 crore for AIBP; Rs. 1000 crores for PMKSY).
Benefits provided under the scheme :
- Participatory approach of planning and implementation.
- Soil & Water conservation.
- Ensuring agricultural production.
- Creating Livelihood Opportunities to asset less and marginal farmers.
- Training and Capacity Building to all stakeholders.
Eligibility criteria for the beneficiary :
All the villagers of the project areas are the beneficiaries.
Application form :
Scrutiny of NGO PIAs, MELD agencies, Capacity Building cell and other resource organization for the betterment of watershed mission based on the application format.
Scheme implementation process :
- Govt. of India fixes the target of the area to be treated.
- SLNA select watershed project areas through State Perspective Strategic Plan (SPSP), finalize Project Implementing Agencies and prepare Preliminary Project Report (PPR).
- Approval of Project based on the appraisal in the steering committee meeting of DoLR, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR).
- Participatory Planning and Implementation of watershed project.
Year wise/ Project wise or month wise number of beneficiaries of the scheme
|Serial Number||Name of Project||Project Area||Budget (Rs. In Lakh)||No of MWS|
|1||IWMP 2009-10 (1st Batch)||117824.06||14138.89||189|
|2||IWMP 2010-11 (2nd Batch)||97039.73||11644.77||136|
|3||IWMP 2011-12 (3rd Batch)||242422.64||30179.97||378|
|4||IWMP 2012-13 (4th Batch)||162999.99||22894.73||225|
|5||IWMP 2013-14 (5th Batch)||146555.84||20855.30||218|