Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
Name of the scheme :
|#||Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)||Visit Website|
Brief description of the scheme :
An Act to provide for the enhancement of livelihood security of the households in rural areas of the country by providing at least one hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in every financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
Benefits provided under the scheme :
Providing at least one hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in every financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
Eligibility criteria for the beneficiary :
Any Adult member can apply to do work in MGNREGA.
Scheme implementation process :
- For each such project, the labour material ratio of 60:40 shall be maintained at the District level.
- Projects shall be approved by the Gram Sabha and the Gram Panchayat and shall be part of the annual shelf of projects.
- No contractors or machinery shall be used in the execution of work.
- Only registered job card holders to be employed on the work.
- Social audits through gram sabhas will be an integral feature.
Application form for the scheme :
|1||Different types of forms are being enclosed.||Download|
Budget and fund related to the scheme :
NREGA Central Fund rules in process of finalisation fund to be maintained in the form of non-lapsable public account and budget to be transferred to this account as desired by ministry.